Home Must Read SA News Elderly man in KwaZulu-Natal dies after being stung by wasps

Elderly man in KwaZulu-Natal dies after being stung by wasps

On Wednesday  an elderly man in KwaZulu-Natal has died after being stung by wasps on a smallholding in Highflats, near Ixopo, .

The paramedics had received an emergency call, originally reporting that the man had been stung by bees nothing about death, said Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha.

According to the spokesperson Chris ” the Paramedics responded out to the Ixopo area for a person that was stung”.

The elderly man had been stung by wasps before and had suffered a severe reaction, enough to warrant his doctor giving him medication to carry with him, said Botha.

According to Botha “after his wife administered the medication, she put him in a vehicle and raced to meet the paramedics who were responding towards them”.

He added on by saying that “when the advanced life support paramedic met them on the R612 by Braemer, they found the man to be unresponsive.”

Botha then lastly said that ” the Paramedics worked fervently for more than an hour at the side of the road to save the man. Tragically, despite all their effort the patient was declared dead at the scene”.